BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Issues Shareholder Update Providing Highlights of Recent Activities and AgreementsSeptember 12, 2018
BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Inc. (“BIG”), a leading developer and provider of blockchain and cryptocurrency search, risk-scoring and data analytics tools and investigation services, issues the following corporate update:
- BIG is expanding its presence and market share in the cryptocurrency security & forensic investigation space
- BIG initiated negotiations on and/or finalized agreements across multiple cryptocurrency sectors, including signing client agreements with major crypto exchanges: Einstein Exchange, QUOINE
- BIG remains well financed to continue its planned expansion and operations
VANCOUVER, BC – SEPTEMBER 12, 2018 – BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Inc. (“BIG” or “the Company”) (CSE: BIGG)(WKN: A2JSKG)(OTC: BBKCF), a leading developer and provider of blockchain and cryptocurrency search, risk-scoring and data analytics tools and investigation services, provides the following corporate update.
The Company is pleased to provide an update on its recent activities toward increasing shareholder value by expanding BIG’s presence and market share in the cryptocurrency security and forensic investigation space.
BIG is well financed to continue its planned expansion and operations efforts. Over the last several months, the Company has initiated negotiations and finalized agreements across multiple cryptocurrency sectors including cryptocurrency exchanges, RegTech, FinTech, investment and ICO sectors, security, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and digital identities.
Among the highlights were:
- client agreements signed with two major exchanges: full-suite agreement with Canada’s Einstein Exchange (leading cryptocurrency exchange and one of the world’s largest and fastest growing exchanges by trading volume), and transaction risk-scoring agreement with Japan’s QUOINE (successfully launched one of the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchanges, QUOINEX and QRYPTOS, representing over $12 billion USD in annual transactions);
- client, reseller and referral agreements signed with KYC/AML/CTF specialist, Data Zoo;
- reseller agreements signed with Securrency (RegTech/FinTech), Hilltop Cybersecurity, SHS VIVEON (risk & credit management), and our Japanese territory agreement with Blockchain Next Corporation;
- partnership agreements signed: with the AML Shop, to jointly deliver forensics services and for the AML Shop to act as a distributor of BIG’s QLUETM product and our forensic services; with global real estate investment platform, Reitium, to integrate BIG’s cryptocurrency transaction risk-scoring BitRank Verified® Service; and with mobile payments solutions leader Glance Technologies to explore mutual marketing and promotion efforts; and,
- a purchaser agreement signed with Coinme (Bitcoin ATMs).
The Company has several other partnerships and agreements currently in the pipeline, and details will be released as soon as practicable.
BIG welcomes our new Value Added Reseller for QLUETM, Binary Solutions. Based in Hong Kong, Binary Solutions’ team of experienced investigators and forensic consultants manage and conduct complex corporate investigations across the Asia Pacific Region.
SingularDTV — a blockchain entertainment studio laying the foundation for a decentralized entertainment industry — is now implementing our BitRank Verified® API into its platform as part of its robust compliance program to provide risk scoring for due diligence at initial investment as well as ongoing transaction monitoring.
BIG also engaged two strategic advisors — Manie Eagar and Daniel Sax — to assist in strategy development; to help with execution related to ongoing efforts to expand BIG’s international presence and to continue growing the Company’s market share; and to identify and review strategic and corporate opportunities. Manie Eagar is a digital currency entrepreneur and an internationally recognized thought leader and speaker on the latest ICO, cryptocurrency and Blockchain technology business models and trends. Daniel Sax is an entrepreneur, the Founder of Sauvage Capital, and an active investor in cryptocurrencies, utility tokens, security tokens and ICOs.
Meanwhile, key appointments in our sales and strategy team enabled us to attend and present at a significantly greater number of conferences, trade shows and private meetings with potential clients (see further details in the list below).
BIG’s President, Shone Anstey, and CEO, Lance Morginn, have attended and presented at various events over the past several months, receiving positive feedback and strong expressions of interest in the Company’s products and services. Networking activities included the LendIt FinTech event in San Francisco, two trade shows in Hong Kong, a presentation at the NAI 500 Global Chinese Financial Forum, attendance at the Crypto Valley Conference in Zug, Switzerland, and presenting at Webit.Festival Europe on the topic of Cryptocurrencies and Compliance: Enabling Regulators and Industry To Navigate Beyond Traditional Regulatory Requirements.
As the blockchain and cryptocurrency market continues to expand and accelerate, BIG is continuing to see more opportunities and partnerships take shape. With its comprehensive suite of tools and forensic services, BIG is well positioned to take advantage of this new era of digital currencies (see the list below for links to press releases from the past months).
Stock Option Grant
The Company announces that, pursuant to its stock option plan and subject to regulatory approval, it has granted 3,486,225 options to directors, officers, consultants and employees at an exercise price of $0.20 per common share. A total of 3,019,250 options have a 5-year term, with 1,135,000 vesting upon grant and the remaining 1,884,250 vesting over a period of 12 months. The remaining 466,975 options have a 1-year term, with 316,975 vesting upon grant and 150,000 vesting over the term. The securities represented by this grant will be subject to a four-month hold period.
BIG’s Recent Highlights
- Dec 7, 2017: Former Special Agent Robert Whitaker appointed as Director of Forensics & Investigations to lead the charge on QLUE’s worldwide commercialization and implementation focused on the law enforcement sector
- Dec 12, 2017: Tejinder Basi appointed as Director of Strategy & Corporate Development, with a particular focus on large entities in need of security around cryptocurrency
- Dec 21, 2017: BIG announces two-stage strategy for working with law enforcement, finance and eCommerce sectors to investigate, track, and monitor illicit activity involving cryptocurrencies, such as bitcoin
- Feb 20, 2018: Partnership with Securrency, Inc to add BIG’s cryptocurrency verification product, BitRank Verified®, to Securrency’s FinTech/RegTech platform to increase transparency and legitimacy of transactions
- Feb 22, 2018: 25+ year financial sector veteran, Teresa Anaya, appointed as Director of Financial Institution Strategy, targeting FinTech, RegTech and the compliance needs of the financial sector in general
- Feb 27, 2018: BIG establishes strategic satellite office in Zug, Switzerland, to create a presence in the heart of Crypto Valley’s unprecedented collective of blockchain-related start-ups, entrepreneurs and specialized technical expertise
- Mar 5, 2018: BIG retains KCSA Strategic Communications, a leading New York-based communications firm, to support the Company’s investor relations program
- Mar 15, 2018: Reseller agreement with Hilltop Cybersecurity, Inc. wherein BIG receives a fee on transactions processed through Hilltop’s platform that utilizes BIG’s cryptocurrency verification and risk-scoring product, BitRank Verified®
- Apr 4, 2018: Reseller agreement for the Japanese territory with distribution partner, Blockchain Next Corporation, to market BIG’s BitRank Verified®
- Apr 17, 2018: BIG’s common shares obtain DTC eligible status (Depository Trust Company), allowing for a simplified and accelerated settlement process for investors trading BIG’s shares
- Apr 23, 2018: Purchaser agreement with crypto financial services provider Coinme, Inc., wherein BIG will receive a fee on addresses checked by Coinme utilizing BIG’s BitRank Verified®
- Apr 25, 2018: Reseller agreement with SHS VIVEON to integrate BIG’s BitRank Verified® service into its customer management platform to help assess client risk and provide enhanced virtual currency transaction transparency and confidence
- May 1, 2018: BIG engages ATB Financial in a pilot project that will enable ATB to evaluate BIG’s BitRank Verified® and the Company’s blockchain investigation security platform, QLUETM
- May 8, 2018: Official launch of BIG’s Forensic Services Division, filling a significant gap in the efforts of law enforcement and the finance sector to investigate, track, and monitor illicit activity involving cryptocurrencies
- May 10, 2018: BIG establishes operations in Washington D.C. as the Company ramps up its activities and strengthens its presence in the U.S. capital
- May 15, 2018: BIG comments on top emerging patterns in international cryptocurrency regulation development and offers policy recommendations
- May 24, 2018: BIG sponsors University of British Columbia mini-conference “The Future Of Blockchain Technology”
- May 30, 2018: BIG forms strategic partnership with Anti-Money Laundering experts, the AML Shop, to jointly deliver forensics services and act as distributor of BIG’s QLUETM product and forensic services
- May 31, 2018: BIG presents at the 8th Annual LD Micro Invitational on June 4th
- June 4, 2018: BIG forms partnership with global real estate investment platform, Reitium, to integrate BIG’s cryptocurrency transaction risk-scoring BitRank Verified® service
- June 21, 2018: BIG participates at Crypto Valley Conference in Zug, Switzerland, and presents at Webit.Festival Europe
- June 28, 2018: BIG signs full-suite client agreement with leading crypto exchange, Einstein Exchange
- July 17, 2018: BIG forms strategic alliance with mobile payment solutions leader, Glance Technologies Inc.
- August 2, 2018: BIG signs client, reseller & referral agreements with KYC/AML/CTF specialist, Data Zoo
- September 4, 2018: BIG signs risk-scoring client agreement with major cryptocurrency exchange creator, QUOINE
Over these last months, we have made significant progress in developing our team and revenue channels. Looking ahead, our team is committed to making even more progress in establishing BIG’s proprietary transaction risk-scoring and cryptocurrency investigation tools and services as the gold standard in the cryptocurrency security and analytics industries in this rapidly growing marketplace.
On behalf of the Board,
Chief Executive Officer
About BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Inc.
BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Inc. (BIG) brings security and accountability to the new era of cryptocurrency. BIG has developed from the ground up a Blockchain-agnostic search and analytics engine, QLUETM, enabling Law Enforcement, RegTech, Regulators and Government Agencies to visually trace, track and monitor cryptocurrency transactions at a forensic level. Our commercial product, BitRank Verified®, offers a “risk score” for Bitcoin wallets, enabling RegTech, banks, ATMs, exchanges and retailers to meet traditional regulatory/compliance requirements. Our Forensic Services Division brings our team of investigative experts into action for investigations that require in-depth expertise and experience, either in conjunction with or supplemental to our user-friendly search, risk-scoring and data analytics tools.
About BitRank Verified®
BIG developed BitRank Verified® to be the industry gold standard in ranking and verifying cryptocurrency transactions. BitRank Verified® offers the financial world a simplified front-end results page, enabling consumer-facing bank tellers, bitcoin ATM operators, cryptocurrency exchanges, eCommerce sites and retailers to know whether a proposed transaction is safe to accept, questionable, or should be denied. BitRank Verified® and its API are custom tailored to provide the RegTech sector, ICOs, banks and investment funds with a reliable tool for meeting their regulatory requirements while mitigating exposure to risk of money laundering or other criminal activities.
QLUE™ (Qualitative Law Enforcement Unified Edge) enables Law Enforcement, RegTech, Regulators and Government Agencies to literally “follow the virtual money”. QLUE™ incorporates advanced techniques and unique search algorithms to detect suspicious activity within bitcoin and cryptocurrency transactions, enabling investigators to quickly and visually trace, track and monitor transactions in their fight against terrorist financing, human trafficking, drug trafficking, weapons trafficking, child pornography, corruption, bribery, money laundering, and other cyber crimes.
Investor Relations – USA
KCSA Strategic Communications
Valter Pinto, Managing Director
Scott Eckstein, VP of Market Intelligence
email: [email protected]
BIG Investor Relations
email: [email protected]
Certain statements in this release are forward-looking statements, which include completion of the search technology software and other matters. Forward-looking statements consist of statements that are not purely historical, including any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future. Such information can generally be identified by the use of forwarding-looking wording such as “may”, “expect”, “estimate”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “believe” and “continue” or the negative thereof or similar variations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, as there can be no assurance that the plans, intentions or expectations upon which they are based will occur. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve numerous assumptions, known and unknown risks and uncertainties, both general and specific that contribute to the possibility that the predictions, estimates, forecasts, projections and other forward-looking statements will not occur. These assumptions, risks and uncertainties include, among other things, the state of the economy in general and capital markets in particular, and other factors, many of which are beyond the control of BIG. Forward-looking statements contained in this press release are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement. Undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking information because BIG can give no assurance that they will prove to be correct. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from BIG’s expectations include, consumer sentiment towards BIG’s products and Blockchain technology generally, technology failures, competition, and failure of counterparties to perform their contractual obligations.
The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made as of the date of this press release. Except as required by law, BIG disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Additionally, BIG undertakes no obligation to comment on the expectations of, or statements made by, third parties in respect of the matters discussed above.