BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group is First to Launch Fee-Based, 8-Hour Cryptocurrency Investigator Certification CourseDecember 3, 2018
BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Inc. (“BIG”), a leading developer and provider of blockchain and cryptocurrency search, risk-scoring and data analytics tools and investigation services, announces the launch of the world’s first investigator-developed, 8-hour online certification course for cryptocurrency investigations.
- BIG’s course, originally created and certified for US law enforcement officers, has been modified to also address the needs of financial intelligence analysts, investigators & compliance professionals
- Students that take all 5 modules and pass the final exam earn the credential of Certified Cryptocurrency Investigator from BIG
- Developed in-house by a former Supervisory Special Agent for Homeland Security Investigations and a Certified Fraud Examiner / Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist
VANCOUVER, BC – DECEMBER 03, 2018 – BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Inc. (“BIG” or “the Company”) (CSE: BIGG)(OTC: BBKCF)(WKN: A2JSKG), a leading developer and provider of blockchain and cryptocurrency search, risk-scoring and data analytics tools and investigation services, announces the launch of the world’s first investigator-developed, 8-hour online certification course for cryptocurrency investigations: the Cryptocurrency Investigator Certification Course, which is available online at www.CryptoInvestigatorTraining.com.
“This course isn’t a simple introduction to bitcoin,” said BIG CEO, Lance Morginn. “This is a certified training solution for law enforcement investigators and compliance professionals that need a solid, in-depth understanding of how to trace, track and monitor cryptocurrency transactions and/or crypto crimes. The Cryptocurrency Investigator Certification Course draws on years of experience from our in-house investigators and Certified Bitcoin Professionals. Our Director of Forensics and Investigations, Robert Whitaker, served in law enforcement for 23 years, including as a Supervisory Special Agent with Homeland Security Investigations (HSI). Our Director of Financial Institution Strategy, Teresa Anaya, is ITIL 3 Certified, a Certified Fraud Examiner, and a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist, with over 25 years experience focused on fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing investigations, including for the FDIC after the financial crisis of 2008, and for Standard Chartered Bank, Bank of America and others. By leveraging the decades of experience of our team, in conjunction with receiving industry feedback, we’re proud to offer this professionally designed course that’s intentionally organized to be easily understood. That’s why, of the 50+ initial people that have gone through our training so far, 100% reported a positive satisfaction rating.”
The Cryptocurrency Investigator Certification Course consists of 5 fee-based modules that begin with the basics, progress to more advanced topics, and finish with a detailed forensic review of cryptocurrency transactions covering a variety of crypto crimes. Each individual learning module is approximately 1 to 2 hours long, enabling law enforcement and compliance professionals to take the modules one at a time, and at their own pace. The 5 modules can be purchased individually or as a bundle at a reduced price, providing a cost-effective and easy solution for clients with limited training budgets.
The course was developed with the investigator in mind, and is beneficial for all law enforcement and financial compliance specialists regardless of experience level; students do not need to be a computer forensics expert to understand how to recognize, investigate and successfully prosecute or report cryptocurrency related crimes.
The Cryptocurrency Investigator Certification Course modules comprise:
- Introduction to Cryptocurrency: Covers the basics of fiat, virtual and cryptocurrencies and the many different types of cryptocurrency; lays the foundation for law enforcement, financial institutions and financial crimes investigators to gain a firm and vital understanding of what cryptocurrency is, how it works, and how it can be used in both legitimate and illicit activities.
- The Bitcoin Trail: Explores the most dominate cryptocurrency, who invented it, and the reasons why and how it is being used; delves into cryptocurrency mining, common criminal schemes where bitcoin is used, and how Anti-Money Laundering (AML) compliance professionals and law enforcement investigate related criminal activity using advanced analytical tools.
- The Dark Web: Provides an overview of the part of the internet commonly used by criminals and their criminal enterprises; students learn of additional crimes where cryptocurrency is involved, how criminals use peer-to-peer exchanges, and little-known real-world investigation tips.
- Cryptocurrency and the Criminal Element: Reveals the criminal element of cryptocurrency and how to identify and track the evidence left behind; students are introduced to insights that are crucial to investigators, such as how dark web marketplaces and cryptocurrencies work together and how they translate into the physical world.
- Blockchain Forensics: Deepens understanding of the intricacies of blockchain technology and explores analytical tools for investigating crypto crimes; students enhance their ability to identify the proper investigative tactics related to crime involving cryptocurrency, and gain understanding of how blockchains work and the pseudo-anonymous nature of cryptocurrency, giving investigators the ability to efficiently and quickly analyze the data to spot illicit activity and/or support criminal investigations and prosecutions.
The Cryptocurrency Investigator Certification Course was developed in-house by BIG’s team of forensic experts, including a former Supervisory Special Agent for Homeland Security Investigations in conjunction with a Certified Fraud Examiner / Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist. The training, originally created and certified for US law enforcement officers, has been modified to also address the needs of financial intelligence analysts, investigators and compliance professionals. Students that take all 5 modules and pass the final exam earn the credential of Certified Cryptocurrency Investigator from BIG.
BIG’s Director of Forensics and Investigations, Robert Whitaker, commented: “We made sure the Cryptocurrency Investigator Certification Course provides the foundation of knowledge that’s essential to helping law enforcement and compliance professionals navigate the new era of cryptocurrency. But it was also our mission to go beyond pure knowledge by including actionable tips and insights from the field that can be put to immediate use by investigators, including real-life examples of how criminals utilize cryptocurrency to further their illicit activities, and strategies on how to investigate cryptocurrency transactions. These are the hard-earned lessons that only come from real investigative experience into criminals using cryptocurrencies in illicit ways.”
After completing the modules, law enforcement and compliance professionals will be better prepared to identify and investigate illicit activities involving cryptocurrency. In particular, students will be able to:
- understand the reasoning behind a decentralized currency
- explain the double-spend problem, 51% attacks and how to buy and use bitcoin
- reference case studies
- identify cryptocurrency evidence
- explain how the criminal element utilizes cryptocurrency
- understand how dark web marketplaces and cryptocurrencies work together
- know how analytic and forensic tools enable investigators to follow the virtual-money trail
For more information, visit www.CryptoInvestigatorTraining.com.
On behalf of the Board,
Chief Executive Officer
About BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Inc.
BIG Blockchain Intelligence Group Inc. (BIG) brings security and accountability to the new era of cryptocurrency. BIG has developed from the ground up a Blockchain-agnostic search and analytics engine, QLUETM, enabling Law Enforcement, RegTech, Regulators and Government Agencies to visually trace, track and monitor cryptocurrency transactions at a forensic level. Our commercial product, BitRank Verified®, offers a “risk score” for Bitcoin wallets, enabling RegTech, banks, ATMs, exchanges, and retailers to meet traditional regulatory/compliance requirements. Our Forensic Services Division brings our team of investigative experts into action for cryptocurrency investigations that require in-depth expertise and experience, either in conjunction with or supplemental to our user-friendly search, risk-scoring and data analytics tools. Based on industry demand, we created our Cryptocurrency Training Academy (www.CryptoInvestigatorTraining.com) to help Law Enforcement, the Financial Sector and Regulators learn how to bring security and accountability to cryptocurrency; our Cryptocurrency Investigator Certification Course is a one-stop solution to understanding the world of cryptocurrency, how to reduce associated risk, and investigate cryptocurrency crime.
About BitRank Verified®
BIG developed BitRank Verified® to be the industry gold standard in ranking and verifying cryptocurrency transactions. BitRank Verified® offers the financial world a simplified front-end results page, enabling consumer-facing bank tellers, exchanges, eCommerce sites and retailers to know whether a proposed transaction is safe to accept, questionable, or should be denied. BitRank Verified® and its API are custom tailored to provide the RegTech sector with a reliable tool for meeting their regulatory requirements while mitigating exposure to risk of money laundering or other criminal activities.
QLUE™ (Qualitative Law Enforcement Unified Edge) enables Law Enforcement, RegTech, Regulators and Government Agencies to literally “follow the virtual money”. QLUE™ incorporates advanced techniques and unique search algorithms to detect suspicious activity within bitcoin and cryptocurrency transactions, enabling investigators to quickly and visually trace, track and monitor transactions in their fight against terrorist financing, human trafficking, drug trafficking, weapons trafficking, child pornography, corruption, bribery, money laundering, and other cyber crimes.
About Our Expert Training
We offer custom on-site and 24/7 online training, enabling Law Enforcement, the Financial Sector and Regulators to understand cryptocurrency risk and successfully investigate suspicious activity. Our in-person, on-site training solutions are designed to fit our clients’ scheduling, location and learning needs. Through our online Cryptocurrency Training Academy (www.CryptoInvestigatorTraining.com), clients can take our Cryptocurrency Investigator Certification Course to earn their Certified Cryptocurrency Investigator credential from BIG to validate their new knowledge.
About Our Forensic Services Division
Our Forensic Services Division provides Law Enforcement, Financial institutions and Regulators with expert support to help trace, track and monitor illicit activity involving cryptocurrencies. Our services range from quick and simple due diligence case reviews, to providing in-depth forensic support for ongoing investigations, and providing expert witness testimony from unbiased third-party investigators.
BIG Investor Relations
email: [email protected]
Certain statements in this release are forward-looking statements, which include completion of the search technology software and other matters. Forward-looking statements consist of statements that are not purely historical, including any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future. Such information can generally be identified by the use of forwarding-looking wording such as “may”, “expect”, “estimate”, “anticipate”, “intend”, “believe” and “continue” or the negative thereof or similar variations. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, as there can be no assurance that the plans, intentions or expectations upon which they are based will occur. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve numerous assumptions, known and unknown risks and uncertainties, both general and specific that contribute to the possibility that the predictions, estimates, forecasts, projections and other forward-looking statements will not occur. These assumptions, risks and uncertainties include, among other things, the state of the economy in general and capital markets in particular, and other factors, many of which are beyond the control of BIG. Forward-looking statements contained in this press release are expressly qualified by this cautionary statement. Undue reliance should not be placed on the forward-looking information because BIG can give no assurance that they will prove to be correct. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from BIG’s expectations include, consumer sentiment towards BIG’s products and Blockchain technology generally, technology failures, competition, and failure of counterparties to perform their contractual obligations.
The forward-looking statements contained in this press release are made as of the date of this press release. Except as required by law, BIG disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Additionally, BIG undertakes no obligation to comment on the expectations of, or statements made by, third parties in respect of the matters discussed above.